Page links under re-construction, some articles may be incomplete or missing.
Property Related Articles
THE ACQUISITION of APARTMENTS by FOREIGNERS in ILE de FRANCE
A report by the Chambre de Notaires detailing the purchases of apartments in Paris and the Ile de France by foreign investers
FINDING REAL ESTATE IN PARIS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
by Adrian Leeds - Published by International Living
MASTERING OFFSHORE BANKING
by Adrian Leeds - With Caye International Bank, Belize President, Peter A. Zipper. Belize is a leading Caribbean offshore jurisdiction, and many visitors are intrigued about offshore banking.
RENTING YOUR PARIS APARTMENT FOR PROFIT by Adrian Leeds - Published by International Living
ALL ABOUT THE ARRONDISSEMENTS OF PARIS by Adrian Leeds - Paris, Divided into 20 districts known as "arrondissements," each is distinctively different and deserve a thorough understanding for rentability and livability.
WHICH ARRONDISSEMENT IS YOURS? By Thirza Vallois
THE HAUSSMANN CHRONICLES by David R. Peterson
THE PARIS REAL ESTATE MARKET by Schuyler Hoffman
WHERE YOU SHOULD BUY...AND HOW MUCH IT SHOULD COST by Schuyler Hoffman
THE GREENING OF PARIS by Adrian Leeds
For more property-related articles, see Property Reports.
Regions in France
TROYES...A BUBBLY ESCAPE by Schuyler Hoffman
PROPERTY AUCTIONS, AN ALTERNATIVE WAY TO BUY PROPERTY By Schuyler Hoffman
A STUDIO IN THE CENTER OF PARIS FOR 45,000 EURO By Schuyler Hoffman and Adrian Leeds
FRENCH INHERITANCE LAW LIMITS YOUR RIGHTS by Schuyler Hoffman
FRENCH TAXES COST THOSE WHO INHERIT by Schuyler Hoffman
UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE OF THE NOTAIRE by Schuyler Hoffman
THE GAME BOARD OF FRENCH REAL ESTATE (PARTS 1 - 6 IN A SERIES) by Sam Okoshken
THE GAME BOARD OF FRENCH REAL ESTATE (PART 7 IN A SERIES) by Sam Okoshken
FRENCH CAPITAL GAINS TAX LAWS Making the Move
MONEY by Adrian Leeds
Travel and Lifestle Articles
By Adrian Leeds
- A COLLECTION OF ARTICLES
- THE INTRICACIES OF WORKING AND LIVING IN PARIS
- HOW TO PIG OUT IN PARIS AND STAY A SHRIMP
- OWNING A PIECE OF PARIS
- NOLA EATS
- QUI FAIT QUOI A RUNGIS
- MULTI-ETHNIC DINING ADVENTURES IN LA LA LAND
- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- SAY FROMAGE: AN EXPAT'S LOVE AFFAIR WITH FRENCH CHEESE
- FINDING A PLACE TO HANG YOUR HAT IN PARIS
- INCREDIBLE INDIA
- "VIAGER" WITH A VIEW PART I (from this page you500彩票在线快三平台 can read all 10 chapters of the story!)
By Toni Kamins
By Thirza Vallois
By Dale Novick
- THE LOUISIANA PURCHASE AND FRENCH CITIZENSHIP PART I
- BIENVENUE A LOUISIANE, PART II OF THE LOUISIANA PURCHASE SERIES
By Schuyler Hoffman
- FRENCH INHERITANCE LAW LIMITS YOUR RIGHT
- FRENCH TAXES COST THOSE WHO INHERIT
- WHERE YOU SHOULD BUY...AND HOW MUCH IT SHOULD COST
By Cecilia Woloch
By Ethan Gilsdorf
By Pascal Jacquelin
- I. FRANCE: A PASSION FOR PEOPLE
- II. FRANCE'S SCHOOL SYSTEM: A PASSION FOR CULTURE
- III. FRANCE: A PASSION FOR FREEDOM
- IV. MY FIRST TRIP TO THE U.S.: CULTURAL SHOCK AND SCHIZOPHRENIA
- V. FRANCE: A PASSION FOR CONFRONTATION
- VI. PASSIONS RUN HIGH
- HENRI POTIER AND THE MAGICAL CHAMBER
Published Articles by Adrian Leeds
Adrian Leeds frequently writes for various print and electronic publications. Her articles can be read by visiting these pages:
- Parler Paris Past Newsletters
- July 31, 2006
- Apartment hunters… Finding a place to hang you500彩票在线快三平台r hat in Paris May 1, 2005, Paris Voice
- Know Before You Go Tips every traveler to France needs to know to insure a fabulous visit!
- Getting the Royal Treatment A tour of enchanting castles in France which you500彩票在线快三平台 can rent for a night or a week.
- The Secret Formula of the Frugal Gourmet in Paris How to dine in Paris when you500彩票在线快三平台 have champagne tastes and a beer budget.
- French Fried Apple Pie The tale of an American "pig-out" from a Parisian point of view.
- Going Native in Paris Dine like the Parisians dine, in restaurants the Parisians dine in and more.
- A Global Microcosm in Paris Parler Parlor: the French/English conversation group in Paris.
- Intricacies of Working and Living in Paris If you500彩票在线快三平台 are thinking of working and living in Paris, this is Adrian’s advice based on her own experiences.
- How to Work the Web for Learning French in France Adrian asks the questions, and with you500彩票在线快三平台r answers you500彩票在线快三平台 can begin you500彩票在线快三平台r research on the Web
- Thanks to the Internet: Fourteen Glorious Days of August in Provence and Corsica On $50 a Day! A dream vacation on the beautiful island of Corsica.
- Raising an Expat She didn't set out to raise a teenage daughter in Paris all by herself. It just happened that way. Adrian tells the trials, tribulations and rewards of being an expat single parent with an expat teenage daughter.
- Airline Mileage (And Most All) Credit Cards Penalize Expats (and Travellers) Issuing banks impose additional Foreign Currency Transaction fees providing no additional service costing travellers much more than they bargained for. How do you500彩票在线快三平台 know?
- A Florida Feast Months of cold, gray, rainy Parisian days prompted Adrian to head to Florida to regain her sunny American spirit and healthy appetite. This is a tale of her twelve days of feasting on fun in the sun and Florida seafood.
- Bon is "Pas Bon"
Finally -- from the author of the Insider Paris Guide for Good Value Restaurants, a restaurant to avoid!
Or How to Eat without Guilt! By the author of the Insider Paris Guide for Good Value Restaurants.
- Dining Out in Paris in August Adrian Leeds tells us her secrets on how to have great meals in Paris when most of the restaurants are closed for August!
- Owing a Piece of Paris Adrian now has a little piece of Paris she can call her own and wouldn't trade it for all the square footage, king-size beds and walk-in closets she used to think life was all about . . . Stateside, that is.
- NOLA Eats Adrian eats her way through New Orleans (that party town "sho knows howta eat!") during the International Living Live Overseas Conference during November 2002 and "she sho' is glad."
- Qui Fait Quoi à Rungis Jean (I never learned a last name) at Butet Import/Export happily sold Adrian a 500 gram package of dried cêpes for what she thought was a ridiculously low price of 20 euro. Learn more about her adventures at Rungis International, France's central wholesale market.
- The Greening of Paris Bertrand Delano"e's Paris is teeming up for a greening up and Adrian tells you500彩票在线快三平台 all about it.
- Multi-Ethnic Dining Adventures in La La Land Dining in "La La Land" is a trip...around the world. Adrian tells how she dined around the world in 10 days.
- Incredible India Follow Adrian and her daughter, Erica, through the Golden Triangle of India as they attend and photograph two traditional Hindu weddings and discover a world of chaos and dichotomy.
- "VIAGER" WITH A VIEW PART I The story gets more fascinating by the moment as it unfolds inch by inch. So fascinating, that the elements read like a screenplay filled with mystery, romance, drama, moral issues and legal questions...all set in the world's most exciting city -- Paris.
- "VIAGER" WITH A VIEW PART II You've waited a week for me to unfold the rest of this amazing story, now realizing that it may take more than just Parts I and II to tell it properly. This is the story of the "Viager" -- the studio apartment with a terrace that last week became mine, except that I don't hold the rights of usage!
- "VIAGER" WITH A VIEW PART III The story continues to unfold, but at least, today's issue will get you500彩票在线快三平台 up to date and then it can be filled in along the way, weeks or months down the road. After taking Judith Merian's Scriptwriting Workshop last Saturday, it is clear that the story has all the elements of a great screenplay...filled with mystery, romance, drama, moral issues and legal questions...all set in the world's most exciting city -- Paris, and in particular, "Le Marais."
- "VIAGER" WITH A VIEW PART IV The last time you500彩票在线快三平台 read about "Le Saint-Tropez" was just after having purchased the tiny apartment in September 2007.